- Composition, etc.
- The Committee shall consist of at least 5 and not more than 15 members (including Officers and the Club Welfare Officer).
- At least three of the Committee must be unrelated to each other and not co-habiting.
- The Committee shall be elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting as detailed in clause 7.
- The Committee members shall consider skills needed and diversity on the Committee.
- The Committee may co-opt Club members (up to the maximum permitted number) to fill a vacancy or as an additional Committee member to serve until the end of the next AGM.
- Any Committee member may be re-elected or re-co-opted without limit.The Committee may agree a process, for nominating and electing Committee members at the AGM.
- A Committee member ceases to be such if he or she:
- ceases to be a member of the Club; or
- resigns by written notice to the Club; or
- is removed by the Committee in accordance with clause 5.7 and 10.
- Committee Meetings
- Whenever a Committee member has a personal interest in a matter to be discussed he/she must declare it, withdraw from that part of the meeting (unless asked to stay), not be counted in the quorum for that agenda item and withdraw during the vote and have no vote on the matter concerned.Conflicts of Interest must be recorded and minuted.
- The Committee shall meet at least four times each year. The Committee may decide its own way of operating.Unless it otherwise resolves the following rules apply:
- at least 2 Committee members must be present for the meeting to be valid;
- Committee meetings may be held either in person or by telephone, televisual or other electronic or virtual means agreed by the Committee in which all participants may communicate simultaneously with all other participants;
- the Chair or whoever else those present choose shall chair meetings;
- decisions shall be by simple majority of those voting;
- a resolution in writing signed by every Committee member shall be valid without a meeting; and
- the chair of the meeting shall not have a casting vote.
- The Committee shall appoint a Club Welfare Officer to ensure compliance with safeguarding legislation and the ECB Safe Hands policy.The Club Welfare Office shall be a Committee member and report to relevant Committee meetings and the reports, together with any action taken, must be minuted.
- Bank Account
Any bank account in which any part of the Club’s funds are deposited shall be operated by the Committee and shall be held in the name of the Club. Unless regulations state otherwise, all cheques and orders for payment of money from such accounts must be signed by at least two people authorised by the Committee, including at least one Committee member.
- Delegation, etc.
The Committee may delegate any of their functions to sub-committees but must specify the scope of its activity and powers; the extent to which it can commit the funds of the Club; its membership; its duty to report back to the Committee. The Committee may wind up any sub-committee at any time or change its mandate and operating terms.
Annual Club reports and statements of account must be made available for inspection by any member and all club records may be inspected by any Committee member.