The Portsmouth and Southsea CC in all its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, and to ensuring that its employees, members and all other individuals working or volunteering for P&SCC, and participating in or watching P&SCC’s activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
P&SCC, in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably against on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
- P&SCC will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals.
- P&SCC will endeavour to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and are lawfully eligible to participate, in its activities.
- P&SCC will ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its employees, members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
- This policy is fully supported by the P&SCC’s officers and [management committee] who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
P&SCC is committed to the investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be the case.
- In the event that any employee, member, volunteer, participant or spectator feels that he has suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation, they should report the matter in writing to the management committee of P&SCC
- Any such report should include: details of what occurred; when and where the occurrence took place; any witness details and copies of any witness statements.
- If the accused individual is an employee, the [management committee] will regard the issue as a disciplinary issue and will follow P&SCC’s employment disciplinary procedure.
- If the accused individual is a non-employee, the [management committee]:
- may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing;
- may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case;
- will have the power to impose any one or more of the following sanctions on any person found to be in breach of any policy: (a) warn as to future conduct; (b) suspend from membership; (c) remove from membership; (d) exclude a non-member from the facility, either temporarily or permanently; and (e) turn down a non-member’s current and/or future membership application; and
- will provide both parties with written reasons for its decision.
- A party may appeal a decision of the [management committee] to the relevant County Cricket board by writing to the relevant County Cricket Board within 3 months of Portsmouth and Southsea]’s decision being notified to that party.
- If the nature of the complaint is with regard to the [management committee] of P&SCC, the complainant may report the complaint directly to the relevant County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by the P&SCC in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited.