Code of Conduct for parents/carers
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
Club rules – Colt
Portsmouth & Southsea CC is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents, carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Welfare Officer, Dawn Perrin
- As a member of Portsmouth & Southsea CC you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must play within the Laws of Cricket and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- .Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Colts members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Colts members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.